Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Garmin Edge 520/820/1000/1030 and Trailforks App Route Sync with Connect IQ (without a computer)


I'm not a regular Garmin GPS user currently. My last Garmin Edge GPS unit was an Edge 800, and it's sitting in my drawer gathering dust while I'm out riding with my wahoo element, mostly because it broke and wouldn't sync with my computer anymore. But that's old news and the new Garmin gear is a big step above that now that they have started integrating with your phone.

Enter ConnectIQ, the app store for your Garmin devices that allows other services to integrate with your Garmin GPS units.

I found the app page for the new Trailforks app for the Garmin Connect IQ app platform which has a quick demo/tutorial on how to sync rides to your Garmin Edge GPS. It looks like it works with the Edge 520/820/1000/1030 and a few other similar models with Connect IQ app support. The companion app is supported on both Android and iOS platforms.

It makes it quick and easy to copy a route from Trailforks directly to your device using just the app on your phone. Check out the video demo below to see how easy this can be.


See App Detail Page for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment